Following a meeting this morning with SCC, Cannington Parish Council would like to provide the following update:
1. The traffic calming scheme which has an 8-week programme is planned to commence next week. The first couple of weeks will mainly encompass the correct signage, preliminary electrical works such as up-lighters for signage and lighting columns on Rodway.
2. This will be closely followed by civil works commencing in Brook St and the High St. Temporary traffic lights will be installed during this and the mid-section of the works.
3. Towards the middle to back end of the Scheme, work will start on the Main Rd e.g. traffic islands and works on Rodway. During this period there will be an estimated closure of Main Rd for 1 week. Rodway will be closed for an estimated 3 weeks.
4. There is a caveat of course that once digging works commence, there could be problems with for example, utilities, that could not have been foreseen; SCC assures us that there is some flexibility within the programme to accommodate this.
5. SCC will arrange a letter drop to residents in the immediate vicinity of the works where traffic lights and road closures will occur.
6. A nominated representative from Skanska will be on hand to discuss any issues as they arise and to keep the parish council and community informed.
We will do our very best via the Website, Facebook, Parish Council meetings and notice boards to keep the community informed of progress.